segunda-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2010

And everything Goes back to the beginning

And everything Goes back to the beginning

«"That is art." This time I caught her and said, "No, it is not artl On the contrary, it is nature," and prepared myself for an argument. When nothing of the sort occurred, I reflected that the "woman within me" did not have the speech centers I had. And so I suggested that she use mine. She did so and came through with a long statement.
I was greatly intrigued by the fact that a woman should interfere with me from within. My conclusion was that she must be the "soul," in the primitive sense, and I began to speculate on the reasons why the name "anima" was given to the soul. Why was it thought of as feminine? Later I came to see that this inner feminine £gure plays a typical, or archetypal, role in the unconscious of a man, and I called her the "anima." The corresponding £gure in the unconscious of woman I called the "animus. ".»

C. Jung, in 'Confrontation with the Unconscious', Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Laura Nadar

Sem comentários: